Entry Level – Web Designer
About 97 Switch
97 Switch is a Chicago-based agency focused on Digital Strategy, Marketing, and Design.
We drive customers to your website by beautifully telling your digital story to the right people at the right time. We have been recognized as a Top Digital Marketing Agency in Chicago by Clutch, UpCity and The Manifest. We take great pride in our relationships and we operate with the understanding that it’s all about being good to others in everything we do.
We are looking to accelerate our growth by 500% in the next three years and are looking for the right person to assist in our website design and development. The ideal candidate will be flexible within this growth, can bring expertise and passion for website design and has a desire to be part of a great culture!
Who We Are Looking For
The Entry Level Web Designer will assist with the creation, maintenance and improvement of partner websites and collaborate with partner and agency teams throughout the full project lifecycle. The ideal candidate is tech-savvy with experience designing and managing websites and has a great eye for design. We are looking for a strong portfolio of creative work, both in development and design.
- Brainstorm and present design ideas for partners across a wide variety of industries including hospitality, technology, real estate, service and ecommerce
- Generate innovative and visually appealing deliverables, from rough to final concepts. This includes concept boards, printed elements, website mockups, brand identities, and more.
- Translate designs to websites using WordPress, Webflow, or custom solutions. You won’t be coding websites from scratch, but code knowledge will be required in order to produce custom elements.
- Maintain, support, update, expand and scale a variety of existing partner websites.
- Design and optimize graphics and visuals for websites to ensure they align with partner branding and follow SEO requirements
- Maintain clear and effective communication with partners and team members by discussing goals, anticipating future needs and making appropriate suggestions and exploring creative ideas for alternatives with partners
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to ensure an exceptional user experience.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with WordPress and Webflow is required; experience with Shopify, BigCommerce and WooCommerce are a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio of creative work (design or development)
- Understanding of responsive layouts
- Expertise in UX/UI design a plus
What We Offer
Robust health, dental and vision plans
Ongoing professional development and training
Fun and energetic environment
Remote work, would prefer someone Chicago based to be able to meet in person as needed
How to Apply
To apply, email email@example.com with Entry Level – Web Designer in the subject and provide your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be assigned to an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
97 Switch is an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military and veteran status, disability (physical or mental), or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. 97 Switch believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.