Paid Internship – Content Marketing Intern
About 97 Switch
97 Switch is a Chicago-based agency focused on Digital Strategy, Marketing, and Design.
We drive customers to your website by beautifully telling your digital story to the right people at the right time. We have been recognized as a Top Digital Marketing Agency in Chicago by Clutch, UpCity and The Manifest. We take great pride in our relationships and we operate with the understanding that it’s all about being good to others in everything we do.
We are looking for a talented and creative writer to join our team. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, interested in developing and managing marketing campaigns, and will be ready to dive into a number of different projects over the course of the internship.
Who We Are Looking For
As a Content Marketing Intern, you will assist with handling our partner marketing strategy across a variety of platforms including social media, blogs and websites. This is a writing heavy position, and we are looking for someone whose strong writing and communication skills can help us deliver the highest quality marketing content for our partners. As needed, you will also assist team members with other related projects.
- Source and manage long-term social media calendars for a variety of partners, ensuring content aligns with devised marketing strategies
- Assist with development, management and optimization of Facebook and Google Ad campaigns
- Research, write and edit several blogs per month for a variety of partners across a variety of fields, including hospitality, commerce, service and real estate
- Manage social media account activity to ensure partner satisfaction with content
- Write, edit and proofread content on emails, websites and other online platforms
- Collaborate with team members on other agency projects, including graphic design, web design and advertising
- Work with various content formats such as blogs, video and photo
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Currently majoring in Journalism, Marketing, English or another related field
- Experienced as a published writer with a portfolio that includes writing samples such as blogs, articles, or similar pieces
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn; Awareness of how to develop marketing strategies based on given platform
- Experience managing social media accounts a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week, open to more availability
What We Offer
Competitive hourly pay
Ongoing professional development and training
Fun and energetic environment
Remote work currently, would prefer someone in Chicagoland area to be able to meet in person as needed
How to Apply
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with Part Time Content Marketing Intern in the subject and provide your resume and cover letter.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be assigned to an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
97 Switch is an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military and veteran status, disability (physical or mental), or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. 97 Switch believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.