97 Switch is excited to welcome Kevin Gerstner to the team. Kevin joined 97 Switch…
“Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain’t desperate at some point, you ain’t interesting.” – Jim Carrey
We typically view desperation as a negative feeling, one that brings us to our knees in despair and helplessness. Yet, we should get rid of this belief. Studies have shown that the point of desperation and heightened anxiety can actually be beneficial in urging us to get our head in the game…and fast. We are constantly at war with the clock in beating our competition in the digital world, and the sensation of urgency we feel is essential in helping us be as productive as possible.
For most businesses, finding a way to connect with new customers can be the difference between survival and a death sentence. It is vital to leverage our desperation and implement new advancements that will help us better channel our audience and increase exposure and profit.
For starters, we must work hard to target new customers using cheaper and efficient methods. Thankfully, we live in a time where it is beneficial to start from scratch on implementing new ideas, thus creating different and ultimately better platforms within digital marketing.
Where to start?
I recommend the following:
- Powerful digital content – yes, you have heard this before, but here’s how you create it:
- Build a simple & effective website – make your site easy to read and understand. Keep your messages at the bare minimum length of what your customers need. There’s only so much text a person can process before getting distracted.
- Ensure your website is mobile optimized – responsive web designs help enable this. They allow every section of your website to adjust based on the screen size.
- Talk to your customers – each interaction is critical. Whether it is in person, over the phone, or online, people want to feel included, respected and heard. Remember this when you are managing:
- Negative online reviews – bad reviews will happen. No business is perfect and everyone knows that. All you can do is this: make sure that you are always listening with care and keeping an eye out for possibilities for new strategies that will not only maintain your company’s responsibilities, but also improve upon them.
- Build an engaging social media presence – Speak up. It may seem hard to write great content, but if you pay attention to what your audience is responsive to on your and other competitors’ social media pages, you can deliver information that will satisfy and build upon your audience’s interests.
- Measure results – track everything. Numbers arouse questions relating to how and why mechanisms from the past have been both successful and not successful. While they can’t take you the whole way, numbers certainly act as a helpful guide towards finding answers.
Need help with your digital marketing? Reach out to me at Jeremy@97switch.com.